Saturday, September 22, 2007

Mama Mirabelle

I'm always looking for educational tv for the kids that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out. ("Lalala Lalala, Elmo's World...") My kids don't watch that much tv, but when they do, I want it to be good stuff.

This week I heard about a show called Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies. It's new this fall. This is good news, because it means I haven't seen the shows 300 times each. It's really lovely! It is geared towards preschool kids, but I can imagine kids in early elementary might enjoy this show too.

Mama Mirabelle (voice: Vanessa Williams) is a cartoon elephant who hangs out with her toddler son (Max), a zebra foal (Karla), a cheetah cub (Bo), and a group of monkey children (Flip, Chip, and Kip). They sing songs, tell stories, and it's all interspersed with National Geographic Archive video of wild animals.

It's on at 7am in my area, so I record it on my dvr so the kids can watch it at a more convenient time (Mommy is not an early bird). If you want to see a clip, go here.

I suspect this is going to be a popular show in our house!

No comments: