Anyhoo...I posted a photo of my scarf progress over on ISE5, and I decided I was mad at it, and pulled it out. Either a.) the pattern is much tougher than I think, or b.) the flow between faux-seafoam and mock cables just doesn't happen that well. So I started again, and I'm happier with the flow. I'm going to make the cable chunks longer, with this as an occasional separator. Hopefully it will continue to go well, but right now, I'm happy. I have faith that with some washing and blocking, it will actually look ok, and not be an embarassing thing that someone gets in the mail and immediately frogs to use the yarn.