Friday, October 19, 2007

It's time for an update

I can't believe I haven't posted in so long. I had kind of an exciting time. My BFF, Carmen (from a previous post), came to stay with me for a few days. That was SO nice. I haven't seen her since 99, when she was in my wedding! It was like no time had passed, and we had just stepped back into our old friendship like a warm blanket.

My daughters love her. They've been asking about her almost every day, and tell me that they are making art for her. It was actually a pretty awesome connection between them and her. She's not much of a kid person, but she corrected herself, "I only like well-behaved kids like yours." They loved her! The superstar did embarass me properly by asking Carmen when she first got up in the morning, "You have new hair? Why you have new hair?" Poor Carmen had to explain that it was a product of sleeping on it funny!

I also frogged my ISE5 scarf. I love it now. I'm doing it JUST as the pattern describes. My knitting teacher looked at it, and had never seen the pattern. She loved it and asked where I got it so that she could make it as well. I think I'm going to have a hard time sending it off!

The engineer's "so-called scarf" is almost finished. It's so easy and great for night-time tv knitting. She is so excited about it and has been going on about it.

Now I have to come up with another pattern for the superstar.

No comments: